For Your Appointment
Thank you for choosing Pain Specialists of Charleston, P.A. Our goal is to provide top quality care to our patients in a compassionate and professional environment. We do our best to stay on time with our schedule and give you our undivided attention.
As a patient of Pain Specialists of Charleston, P.A., we appreciate you following the guidelines of the practice which help us maintain our goals.
1. If you are unable to keep an appointment, kindly call our office at (843) 818-1181 at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. We can then reschedule your appointment to a more convenient time. A $25 fee will be applied to all New Patient or Follow-Up appointments, and a $75 fee for all Procedure appointments not canceled within the 24 hour period or if you fail to keep your appointment. Missed appointment fees are not paid by insurance.
2. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time and bring a photo ID and your health insurance card. It is important to have your questionnaire and registration forms completed. If the forms are not complete at the time of your appointment, or you are more than 10 minutes late, you may need to be rescheduled for a later date.
3. Cash payments and co-payments must be paid at the time of check-in. We do not accept checks for the initial consultation. Full payment is due at the time services are rendered unless prior arrangements have been made. We accept Cash, Checks, Visa and Mastercard.
4. If your account becomes past due, no appointments or prescription refills will be given to you until your account has been cleared by the Billing Office.
Post Procedure Protocol
After any procedure there is a short recovery period. Please bring someone to drive you to and from the office on the day of your procedure. All drivers are asked to wait in the lobby area so that our staff may let them know when patients are ready to be checked out after their procedure.
Prescription Refill Policies
Patients need to give a 48-hour notice for refill requests. No refill requests can be taken after 12 PM (Noon) on Fridays. All patient phone calls or requests will be addressed by a nurse by the end of business each day.
Patient Consent Form
In order to release our patients medical records to any third party a Patient Consent Form must be completed and signed. This form may be faxed to our office at (843) 818-1145.
Billing and Insurance
You are responsible for knowing the coverage & benefits of your particular insurance company. If you are not sure of the requirements of your insurance company, please check with them prior to obtaining medical services. Please remember that insurance is considered a method of reimbursing the patient for fees paid to the doctor and not a substitute for payment. Some companies pay fixed allowances for certain procedures, and others pay a percentage of the charge. It is your responsibility to pay any deductible amount, co-insurance, or any other balance not paid for by your insurance.
If you have recently moved, had a change to your insurance, claims adjustor, attorney, primary treating physician information, or had any other change to your personal information, please supply us with the new information within 10 days of the change so we can keep up-to-date records.
Billing Department Direct Phone: 843-818-1181, extension 5
Mail: 2791 Tricom Street, Charleston, SC 29406
Pain Specialists of Charleston participates in the following insurance plans. This list of insurance plans that we participate in is not all inclusive, so please call with specific questions about your plan.
- AARP Medicare
- Beech Street
- Blue Choice
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Federal
- Blue Cross State
- Carolina Care Plan
- CHC Cares of S. Carolina/Wellpath Medicaid
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health Mailhandlers
- Galaxy Health Network
- Great West
- Humana Choice Care Pro
- Humana Gold Choice (Medicare Advantage Plan)
- Instil Health (Medicare Advantage)
- PPO Next (Acquired by Beech Street
- Provider Select Inc
- Railroad Medicare
- Secure Horizons
- S.C. Medicaid
- Southeastern Community Care
- Thomas Cooper Corporation
- Total Carolina Care
- Tricounty Project Care
- United Health Care
- Workers Compensation